Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 6

Today is a very special day for me. May 6 is my brother's birthday. Until I met Sal, Jonathan (Hona) was my best friend. Though he is 7 years younger than me, we have always been close. As I tried to figure that out today, I came to the realization that we needed each other. He needed me to be a older brother, role model and I needed him to like me for who I was. In junior high I hated me. In high school I thought I was ok. It took a relationship with Sal for me to like me. With Hona, I could be me and be comfortable with that. Thanks Hona. I love you man.

As for today's events, this morning I quit a job I never started. I had it all lined up to work Tuesday-Friday during the month of May for MAYB. Been looking forward to getting back into a job that was not ministry related. After Dad had his heart cath and stent, it became apparent I needed to be closer home to be there for his needs and to be there for him as he takes care of mom. So instead I will be working on our house, working around mom and dad's place and maybe helping Jordan out changing oil at Dave's Auto. That lift he has is cool.

Tonight Carson and I went to the Skillet concert. Left at 5. Drove through the drive-thru at Wendy's and ate on the way to Hartman Arena. Never been in there. Nice place. My cousin (JD) used to work for K-Love and got us in early (and for free) into the show. Since I didn't have to buy a ticket for us, instead we bought Skillet t-shirts. It was a blast. And I loved the look on Carson's face when they played "Monster". As John Cooper would say, "We got our faces rocked off!"

When I got home, found out I was a grandpa- Cassidy's fish had 10 baby fishlets! I'm so proud! Cigars for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment