Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 20

Wednesday I went to Wichita. Had lunch with Kendall Heide, a friend from my high school days back in Hillsboro. He is the head librarian at Maize South high school. He gave me a tour of the school as well. Couple of things I learned about the school: 1) With it being a new school, they did not ask any Seniors to switch schools so this year it has 9th-11th students 2) they will add 200 new students next year and bump it up to a 5A school.

Thursday morning I hung out with my good friend Joel Bastow. Had coffee and talked about life. Then watched the latest episode of "Modern Family" on Hulu. If you haven't watched it, try one episode. Its funny and talks about family dynamics. Now, I don't condone EVERYTHING on the show, so please watch with a discerning mind. One of my favorite things to do at Joel's house is use their incredible foot massager. So I relaxed while Joel saved the world in "Call of Duty".

Thursday afternoon was spent at Atomic Sports putting on numbers. As I look back at the afternoon, I am reminded again how mindless the work is, but how refreshing it made me feel. Finished off the day with my folks coming for supper. Sal fixed steak fajitas. Wow! They were so good...
...by the end of the meal we were speaking Spanish.
...I went out and bought a soccer ball.
...if Sal lived in AZ she would get deported.

On a literary note, I finished the book The Secret Garden. If you have not read it, I would highly recommend it. Looks at how we become what we are encouraged to be, but that we are never too old to become what we want to be or should be. Started The Alchemist. I'll let you know more when I finish it. So far it is VERY good.

No comments:

Post a Comment