Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 26

TUESDAY: Pretty slow morning. Had lunch with Sal. In the afternoon I got to do something I have never done before- help change brakes on a car. Went over to Dave's Auto Shop and Jordan was working on a Cadillac. I would watch him work on one side and then I would do the same thing on the other. My new word for the day was "caliper". Once you start taking stuff (technical term) apart, it makes sense how disc brakes work. I just wasn't quite sure how to put it back together. That's why Jordan was there.

WEDNESDAY: This morning I went to Tru Valu and rented their carpet cleaner. $15 for half a day plus solution. Not bad. Never ran one of those things before. Pretty cool. It did a nice job. Throughout the process you have to change the water. Wow! Didn't realize there was so much dirt in there. Carpet feels so nice between my toes tonight.

This afternoon I helped with leveling the sand in the base of the garage floor. Hope weather is good tomorrow so we can pour concrete. Then I mowed our yard and got Carson started on the neighbor's across the street. Mom and Dad came over for supper. Had French toast, an omelette roll, sticky buns and cantalope. Breakfast for supper is one of my favorites.

Carson layed down at 6:30 and slept till 10 pm. Will he be up all night? I helped Cassidy study for her Biology final. It covers the anatomy and dissection of a pig fetus. Went with Sal to Wal-Mart. Drove through Newton on the way home so we stopped at Dairy Queen for a chocolate cone and a vanilla dip cone. Mini date.



My brother keeps me up-to-date on music from Crossroads. Crossroads is when two music groups get together to play each other's songs. The one he told me about today was Bryan Adams and Jason Aldean singing "Heaven".

No comments:

Post a Comment