Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 22

FRIDAY: Atomic Sports is printing all the shirts for Hesston Summer League basketball and baseball/softball. That means all those shirts need numbers on the back. I spent the morning doing a "few" numbers. Fun nonetheless. Dale's dad, Don, is pretty cool. He keeps me in line.

Then Friday evening Sal and I went to the Wallace/Tozier Classic Rock concert at the Fox Theater in Newton. They sold out Friday's show so had one Saturday night too. Lots of 60's & 70's music. My favorites were "Sweet Emotion" & "Walk this Way" (Aerosmith), "Enter Sandman" (Metallica), and "Free Bird" (Lynyrd Skynyrd). Jordan Tozier just played guitar on most songs, but on "Free Bird" he sang so his Uncle Ron could jam on his guitar. Amazing! Had a great time.



SATURDAY: Slept great last night. You might not know this about me, but I love to evaluate each night's sleep. Like, "I slept terrible last night" or "Man, did I sleep good". Do that pretty much everyday. Drives Sal crazy sometimes. Anyway, woke up at 6 AM, went back to sleep till 9:00ish. Dreamt about riding in a Jeep with Mike King. We went off-road to get supper at this great place. The road went over the top of homes and on one of the last ones the vehicle went through the roof and was lodged between the rafters of a restaurant. Mike swung out of the Jeep and went and sat at a table and ordered supper. I undid my seat belt and jumped down. I sat with Mike and looked back at the Jeep poking through the roof. Everyone else in the restaurant went on eating like nothing was wrong. Weird.

Mowed and trimmed my Dad's yard. Then planted a Colorado Spruce we bought last week. During the past week some finches built a nest in the tree. Didn't find this out till I tipped the tree over one egg broke and one fell to the ground. I put the good egg back in the nest. Hope it makes it.

Sal made me Eggs-in-Toast for lunch. My Mom used to make those for me on Saturdays when I was a kid. Sal takes too good of care of me.

Went to Wichita in the afternoon. Saw the Burkholder's new little boy, Owen. What a cutie.



Made the rounds to the mall, Best Buy, Hobby Lobby and PetSmart.

Grilled chicken for supper and heading out for the 4 mile walk/run. Later will hit the after-concert party at the Tozier. Very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment