Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 28

THURSDAY: Poured the floor of the garage. It was sunny, hot and muggy out. I remembered very quickly how hard of work it is. To start out it was just Kyle, Michael and me. They roused Riley Spencer. Not only is he huge, strong and a hard worker, I got to ask him some more questions about Turner Gill. Joel Bastow showed up and was also very helpful. I took them all for lunch at Pizza Hut. Lindsey joined us. I again enjoyed seeing these guys mature from high schoolers to adults.

Celebrated the end of school by having chicken quesadillas (Carson's favorite) for supper.


Mustered the strength to go for a run in the evening. Not only has running been good for me, I tend to bump into friends from church/town. Talked with Jay and Braden this time along my route.

FRIDAY: Started the day at Dave's Auto. Needed to help with bleeding the brakes of the Cadillac. All I did was pump the brakes for Jordan, but even in doing that he told me a little about why we were doing it. Don't think he needs to worry about competition from me anytime soon.

More shirts at Atomic Sports needed numbers. This will be the last time I talk about numbering. There are 200 shirts and they are reversible so I'll be at this project for awhile. I'll have to go back to work at church to escape. Not really that bad. Dale's a good boss and he took me for lunch at D'Angelos. Taco pizza and a salad. Again got to see my church friends- Wes, Smiley, Barb, Brittany, Alexis.

Hung out with some other friends this afternoon. Got together with Brandon Roth and talked about his year in baseball, summer youth pastor internship and youth ministry in general. Then hit my man Joel's house for a little COD 2. Got home in time to help Cass with cleaning her fish tank.


Off to Wichita with the Reddings for supper. Have been trying to balance a ton of invites over a limited weekend schedule. We went to Abuelos for Mexican. Then bought some Starbucks ice cream. Good evening. Just sent Cass and her friends downstairs for the night. They will watch Avatar and we'll go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment