Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 1

The junior high lock-in ended at 6:30 this morning. With the clean-up it put me home at 7:30. Took a shower and went to bed. Man, was I tired.

There were volunteers from the church that stepped up big: the LIFE guards (Layne & Staci, Brad & Andrea, Brian & Mary Pat), their leader (Matt Hasselhoff, I mean, Chad Childs), the 3 Amigos (Cass, Emily & Hannah), Joel Bastow (Rock Band singer extraordinaire), Scoot (former LIFE leader, current LIFE lover), Michelle Anaya (came early, left late), Braden Decker (disabled and all) and Don Fuqua (came from 4-6 am, impressive).

Then there's Brett Eitzen. Started help set up at 7:30 pm on Friday and dropped off the last items at church this morning at 7:30 am. Hard worker, great attitude and nice arms (that's for you, Sam).

Slept till noon. Watched the Flyers/Bruins OT game. Slept some more. Filled out finance report for church. Visited my folks.

Please pray for my dad. He went to the doctor for a stress test the other day. Now on Monday they want to do a heart cath. Might need a stent, but if they see it is worse they will do a heart bypass that day. We are juggling how to support dad and take care of mom. I have my uncle and aunt in Wichita who are helping us figure out the plan.

It's 9:20. I'm tired. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment