Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 16

One of the cool things about sabbatical is getting to go to other churches and see what they do. Don't get that freedom a lot when you are a pastor. At least without feeling guilty or people asking if you are leaving the church you are at. So far been to Grace in Newton and today we were at Newspring in Wichita. Good service. Liked the stuff they can do with video. Had a hilarious remix of things the pastor had said in sermons. Music was similar to HMBC. Pretty much what I would expect from a large church in a metro area.

My two church experiences so far have left me very excited about where HMBC is as a church and where we are headed. As they say on draft day, we've got great "upside". I know I am supposed to be "relaxing" and not thinking about church stuff, but I can't help but think about the ministry potential HMBC has in Hesston. It's a special and exciting time to be a part of Hesston MB Church.

In the past several weeks I've mentioned a few of our graduate youth in my blog. Today I've got to give props to Brandon Roth. He's a junior at Manhattan Christian. Not only can he bring the Word from the pulpit, but he can also bring the heat from the mound. His team made it to the NCCAA Division II World Series in Cincinnati this past weekend. Manhattan Christian came in 3rd and Brandon was selected as a pitcher to the NCCAA Division II All-American team. Congrats, Brandon!

Let's see, finished the day with a 4 mile walk with my wife and son. Love the new sidewalk they are putting in on the south side of Hickory street between Ridge and the Arboretum. I jumped around the cones and consider myself one of the first to use the pathway. There's so much room on that sidewalk Sal and I won't be elbowing each other there anytime soon. Thanks City of Hesston.

Then I went to the Buhrmans. Ron has a grinder and I just had to sharpen my mower blade. You see when I mowed last week, the blades of grass looked more like they were pulled than cut. If you love to mow, you know what I'm talking about. Ron let's me sharpen my blade in his garage. Pretty sure he didn't expect me to be doing that a couple times a month, but he puts up with me. Although as I left his place tonight, he did say if I got halfway done with my yard and needed a sharpening to let him know. He thinks he is funny.

1 comment:

  1. You are right, the new sidewalks are great! Bravo City of Hesston!

    ReplyDelete