Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 80

Wow - 12 more days until sabBRADical is over. I must spend them wisely.

DR Day 11: Late breakfast and then headed to the market. Joe (missionary) took good care of us and slowed down so we could do some shopping. We enjoyed the morning there.

When we came back Cassidy continued her quest to capture a lizard. This time she caught one. Carson would love it. Don't think we can bring it back for him though.

Ate late lunch and then went searching for our maid/nanny. When my folks were missionaries here they had a lady who helped with cleaning, making food, watching the kids. Her name is Yolanda. She is 81 now. First we had to find her nephew (Pastor Wilson). We picked him up and then he showed us how to get to her home in the barrio.

Yolanda was doing well. When we visited her last she had been sick and things weren't looking good for her. She was very excited to see us.

She went and dug out some pictures of when I was a little kid. She had like 5 or 6 pictures that she saved of our family. Even one of Tiffany, Jonathan and I hanging on her wall. Sorry Candice. Don't think you had been born yet.

I had brought along an indoor solar light that I gave her. Only $20 at Sam's Club and I think it will benefit her a lot. The power is very unreliable, especially in the barrio. It has a solar panel that you attach out your window to charge the battery/light. Hope they can hook it up correctly and then I hope no one steals the solar panel.

Then later we went by Pastor Epolito's house. We hosted VBS at his church the two times we have been here as a youth group. Also painted his house. Two cordless mikes that had been discontinued by our church had been donated for me to distribute. I was able to provide one for a gal who travels the DR as a rep for CEF. The other one I gave to Epolito's son (Neftali) for the church. Neftali is a very good friend and brother in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment